Friends

22 November 2015

Regretfully, this is the world we live in.....

Another teenager murdered. A respectable 15 year old who had the world in front of her, a girl who should be rejoicing in life. Instead she is murdered and only God knows what she went through before the end. The police found her mobile phone first, and then some of her clothes, and then her body – in a field. Two men charged, one with murder and having sex with a child, the other with grooming and having sex with a child. Their ages.... 27 and 28. I feel sick and very upset thinking about it.

Unfortunately, she’s not the only one who is treated this way, and what do we do about it? Damn all! I have aired my views before and was amazed by the controversial replies. We had hanging once and I would advocate that it was brought it back. Let’s face it ... prison is neither deterrent nor punishment to those who would commit such crimes. 

I agree that careful steps need to be taken before hanging someone but the American knows how to deal with it. Some say hanging is no deterrent but at least it removes some of the scum we seem to be rearing in vast numbers.

My heart bleeds for the parents of murdered victims. How could you live with the knowledge that someone hurt your child? I am surprised our government hasn’t done something about it. I think they’re scared of facing the truth, scared of upsetting people, scared to make a decision in case it upsets their followers.

I can’t bring the girl back but by heck I can curse those that killed her... and hope that one day we get back to being a caring community no longer littered by scum.  

20 comments:

  1. I saw this on the news and it made me so sad. I have very strong feelings about it.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A sad and crazy world we live in indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. After some soul searching I have decided I am against capital punishment, but cases like this makes it a difficult decision.

    There are no words to describe the depravity. I can not imagine the pain the families must feel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am somewhat against capital punishment, I think violence against children could be the exception in my book. Babies and children are so helpless, and are the targets of pedophiles and people of violence every day. It is a national problem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry to read this. May this girl RIP. My heart goes out to her family and friends.

    I have so many stories that haunt me, late in the night in particular.
    Evil is alive and active in this world, but they will pay a very high price in the end, if there is any real justice in the big picture.

    And we can never give up on the goodness of the world that I still think outweighs all the bad.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heartfelt words Valerie. A vile act towards any innocent is hard to comprehend and I will never understand it. The families that have to deal with such atrocities are scarred for life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter was murdered. The person who did it was caught. It doesn't matter. Nothing can ever bring her back. She is gone. I don't believe in a heaven so I don't expect a reunion when I pass away. Even when people are trying to be kind, they are judgmental and demand vengeance. Death is the eventuality for us all. Knowing that we should love one another and treat each other with kindness and respect. Never miss an opportunity to show your love for someone, don't take them for granted ever. None of us know how long we have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Valerie, I think you already know how I feel about this from your last post and my comment. I agree with you 100% and feel as passionate about it as you do. I am not a parent, but can imagine the pain the parents are going through losing a child: especially the way she died. Losing a child has to be the worst pain a parent could go through. My heart goes out to them.

    Thank you for sharing your opinion and voice on this subject.

    X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cuban, children need protection but these days they have none, except from parents and sometimes not even them. If only we could change the law.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Geraldine, you are right with your final words. Good does reign over evil but if these murders continue things could change. We must never allow that to happen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joeh, under normal circumstances I would be against capital punishment, but in my book murder of a child warrants it. Murder has become commonplace and that surely is wrong.

    The death sentence was once a deterrent, perhaps that is the way we should view it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mr Rat, I am very sorry to hear about your daughter. However, I do believe in punishing those who take our loved ones from us. It doesn't stop me from showing kindness or respect where it's due.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Denise, I don't understand what drives someone to kill.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning, Ron. Yes, I know your view is like mine. Children are our future but I don't see much of a future if they all become tainted by the evil that surrounds them. It is very worrying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. BC, I agree with you. Babies and children should be protected by law.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Much of the news is so sad. I've seen horrible stories that just make me wonder why and how things happen.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Mary, I just wish we could re-educate people into caring for others instead of killing them. Seems to me the excuses are pretty feeble.

    ReplyDelete
  18. In cases like this hanging works for me. But the case against must be rock solid. No spur of the moment lynching....

    ReplyDelete
  19. In a case like this where someone has such little regard for another human's life then they should be shown the same courtesy in my opinion. Take care Val.

    ReplyDelete

If you're new to A Mixed Bag you might find something to interest you, a bit of mirth, a story or two, or some pictures. I'm so pleased you popped in, do leave a comment if you have time.