Friends

22 May 2015

PUZZLER!

This is an old puzzle but you would be surprised how many people don't do well at it.

So, how are YOUR brains?


Read the following sentence:


FINISHED FILES ARE THE RESULTS OF
YEARS OF SCIENTIFIC STUDY COMBINED
WITH THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS


Now count aloud the F’s in the rectangle.
Count them ONLY ONCE – do not go back and count them again.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


There are six F’s in the sentence.

If you counted only three the less we say about it the better.

If you counted four you are above average intelligence.

If you got five you will never forgive yourself for having missed one.

If you counted all six you are brilliant and should not be wasting your time on foolishness such as this.

4 comments:

  1. I found them all after I only found 5.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG..that was GREAT, Valerie!!!

    I first counted only four, but then went back and found the others. That's AMAZING!!!!

    You really got me on this one!

    Have a super weekend, dear lady!

    X to you and Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron, I've had the puzzle for many years, and it still has the power to fool people. Thanks for having a go.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found five and kept counting, then read that there were six and had to look a couple of times even after that. I guess that doesn't count :) That was fun to do, thanks Valerie. To answer your question, no I didn't go on the London Eye. Hopefully next time?

    ReplyDelete

If you're new to A Mixed Bag you might find something to interest you, a bit of mirth, a story or two, or some pictures. I'm so pleased you popped in, do leave a comment if you have time.