Friends

16 February 2014

This made me laugh....

Sent by email, thanks Pat!

 


An award should go to the United Airlines gate agent in New York for being smart and
funny, while making her point, when confronted with a passenger who probably deserved to fly as cargo.

For all of you out there who have had to deal with an irate customer, this one is for you.

A crowded United Airlines flight was cancelled.

A single agent was rebooking a long line of inconvenienced travellers.

Suddenly, an angry passenger pushed his way to the desk. He slapped his ticket on the counter and said, "I HAVE to be on this flight and it has to be FIRST CLASS."

The agent replied, "I'm sorry, sir. I'll be happy to try to help you, but I've got to help these folks first; and then I'm sure we'll be able to work something out."

The passenger was unimpressed.

He asked loudly, so that the passengers behind him could hear, "DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHO I AM?"

Without hesitating, the agent smiled and grabbed her public address microphone.

"May I have your attention, please?" she began, her voice heard clearly throughout the terminal.

"We have a passenger here at Gate 14 who does not know who he is.  If anyone can help him with his identity, please come to Gate 14." 

With the folks behind him in line laughing hysterically, the man glared at the United Airlines agent, gritted his teeth, and said, "F*** You!" Without flinching, she smiled and said, "I'm sorry sir, you'll have to get in line for that, too."

PS .... although I don't like the use of the F word, I still found this funny!

Animated-gifs.org

12 comments:

  1. This made me laugh too. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha you have to love those entitled people....ugh....thanks for the chuckle this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwhahahahahahahha!

    Valerie, this was BRILLIANT!

    OMG...what a GREAT comeback from the gate agent!

    BRAVA to her!

    Thanks for the super Sunday morning laugh!

    X to you and Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! That's a really funny story. Very quick witted and a good sense of humor! :D

    Mersad
    Mersad Donko Photography

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this was priceless, ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone for your comments, I am so pleased you had a good laugh. What is life without a smile or two, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm still rolling on the floor! :-) Good lesson for that fellow, too.

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great way to handle someone who should not be flying anyway. Thanks for the great funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great story! I always admire those who not only stand up to bullies (and all who feel the need to be treated "more equally" than others, to borrow one of my favorite phrases from Orwell), but do so in a way that reveals them as the small people they are. I would not be surprised if you have done this yourself more than once!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhhh......I need to remember that line for the next time someone pulls that "do you have any idea who I am" card out! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a great story! made me LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete

If you're new to A Mixed Bag you might find something to interest you, a bit of mirth, a story or two, or some pictures. I'm so pleased you popped in, do leave a comment if you have time.